Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Darkness of the Soul: Prologue


Every man and woman have a fairy tale image of the world, the worst thing that has ever happened is we stopped believing in fairy tales.





There’s a darkness that is innately born in each and every man. As a child, this rage within is disciplined and bred out until we have created a lukewarm moldable man who is more agreeable, more palatable. The inner-animal, this antithesis to evolution, has never left, it has merely lain dormant, waiting for the day of its reawakening. The natured steel of a man was forged in the battles for supremacy, when man vs. nature was evenly matched. That darkness rises at a time when it is most needed, be it for good or for evil. It is as the wolf, hunting his prey, stalking as the apex predator, allowing his natural instincts to dictate his every move. This is the darkness that takes you. It comes swiftly, tensing your tendons, strengthening your muscles, preparing you for the hunt. As I have laid here by my beloved, I can feel the darkness slowly enveloping me, taking over. I can feel 10000 years of societal breeding melting away, leaving the raw savage beast in it’s wake. My name is Eiren O’Brien and if you have this, it means I have failed my beloved Kaylin, who lies tattered torn by the beast that is this God-forsaken war. My every possession, my heart, is hers. Use it, sell it, to make her whole again. She is my heart, the very essence of my being. Tell her that it was her love that has stirred the true man inside of me. She is the muse of my song and the possessor of all that makes me who I am. God forgive me for the darkness in my heart. Create in me a righteous anger that will guide my swift sword and allow me to avenge my beloved who holds my heart. In the name of God I go. To my loved ones: know I died with an impassioned fire in my heart and savaged steel in my veins.

1 comment: